Thursday, July 3, 2014

OPERATION: ZERO END CREDITS

Okay...
before you read this,
go watch the end credits of the
Codename: Kids Next Door
sooper triple huge movie
Operation: Zero.

I'll wait here.
...
...
...

(85 minutes later)

Dude!
I didn't say watch the
WHOLE MOVIE!
Just the end credits.

Because
they
are
like 
chocolate
and
peanut butter
AWESOME!

Masterminded by
sooper director
Guy Moore,
he roughed out all the ideas.
Then destructive design dynamo
Kevin Kobasic
cleaned them up and
designed the caricatures of 
EVERYBODY!
And finally
 Grace Lu's 
color department
went crazy all over them.

I asked 
Mr. Moore if he recalled
anything about making these
pieces of awesomeness:

I remember that I was absolutely 
determined that Storyboard was going to be a WW2 bomber crew, 
and the Cartoon Network execs were going to be the 
Communist propaganda poster.


Guy also remembered that I didn't like the original draft of 
the page we were on with Mr. Willems
because I was sitting around reading a comic book.
It didn't look like I did anything on the movie!
So he drew this instead:
I missed scanning a couple of the roughs.
So I tried taking screenshots
but found you 
CAN'T
take screenshots from a DVD
(at least not on a mac)
So I took a pic with my phone:
The Tactical Timing Directors:

The voice actors and recording folk:
Additional voices:
Death Before Dishonor Design Team:

Storyboard:
Revision:
Color department:
CGI team:

Dave Courter,
our all around
awesome
editor:

Assorted 
production folk,
including
Ninja Consultant,
Erin Finnegan:
More production and support:
Sooper helpful interns:
Me and the
Curious Pictures
Executive Producers:
And lastly...
Cartoon Network
executives
Khaki Jones
and 
Brian Miller

I'm sooper proud of these.

Most end credits are
just a bunch of names
with a couple 
re-used pictures.

But each one of these
tells a 
STORY.

And
Steve Rucker's 
music is especially
powerful.

And yeah.
I still get a little teary watching them.


2 comments:

DCFDTL Sooper Fan said...

Awww yesss! Every time I try to watch ZERO they always block out all the pictures! These are great! I especially like the one who the producers are tied up to sign the paper XD Speaking of which, did that KND needs you picture ever get used for anything else? Because I found a picture of Sector V with the same tagline, and the picture was labeled comic con, but there wasn't any description :(

Guy Moore said...

Yes, it did. Mr. Warburton needed a KND shirt for a comics convention, so I reworked the Propaganda design with Sector V instead of the CN execs, and they printed up a limited run of them to give away to the fans. He gave me one of them when they were finished; it was my favoritest T-shirt EVER, and I LOST IT somehow during one of my moves, and I regret losing it to THIS DAY!